It's amazing how much I got to think today on the long drive. How much I got to notice. How much I got to realize. How much I got to...listen to others and my heart. It was 5 years ago. I was a little scared. It's time I did something about it. I saw signs everywhere. I tried to ignore them but I couldn't. I was envious yesterday. I felt bad that I was but for the first time ever, I felt envious. And I was not ashamed of it. So I just prayed and cried. I found out today and my heart ached for her so for about 10 minutes or so I tried to hide my tears from them in the car. It was so hard. I couldn't help but feel her pain. My heart just ached for her. I loved talking today. All day just talking to them. Not listening to my ipod, but just talking to them. Listening to their stories and talking about their worries. My grandmother's father worked with the British in India. Her uncle worked as a county assessor and her other uncle had his own property. The other uncle had his own business. After the partition in 1947 they all left without their government pensions and started all over again. I have been to Uganda and been on Lake Victoria. When President Zia-ul-Haq visited Kenya, his clothes were all dirty and ratted and they were washed and ironed at my grandparents' house. The Ambassador asked them to please keep it hush hush. I loved talking to Grandma and Baba today. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.
Dec 24, 2006
Loved it
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
2:17 AM
