I was suffering from yet another splitting headache. I knew Baba felt bad for me when he saw me take a pillow and try to put my head upside down on it putting pressure on the top of my head. He gave me some strong pain killer and told me to lie down. There I was lying down between Mom and Baba talking away with them and Grandma sitting on the lounger by their bed. Having a family moment on my last night in Arizona while Baba was giving me a head rub in an attempt to get rid of my headache. It felt nice. I was already going in and out of sleep.
Then the phone rang and this sentence from Baba to my great-aunt in Pakistan sent my world into a fast forward spin.
"Oh you all are already celebrating Friday in Pakistan."
My head shot up and I screamed. "TOMORROW IS FRIDAY! THAT MEANS MY FLIGHT IS TONIGHT!"
I could not believe that I had completely forgotten about my red-eye flight from AZ to DC. It was 8:30 p.m. at this time. I ran across the house and stuffed everything I could find in my suitcase. I took the most half-assed shower to wake myself up. I was still complaining about my headache when Baba called in a last minute perscription of Zomig (which is gold to me) which we picked up on the way to the airport.
I was dropped off at the airport and got to the gate on time. The plane was jam packed!!! Especially with families who each had on the average 2 kids about 1-3 years old who were not happy about being in a plane all night. One kid screamed...literally screamed all night. The two guys sitting next to me and I kind of bonded over that screaming. One of us would let out a, "Oh God please shut up your kid." Then the other would say, "Take the kid for a walk."
I swear. The whole plane ride was non stop screaming kids. I was so glad to get off that plane and exchanged e-mails with the two on the way out. I just made new friends.
Nobody next to me on the plane from Detroit to DC. I passed out for the hour or so on the way here. I came to the realization that I did not have my house keys with me. I had no idea where they were and where I saw them last. I trusted myself and knew that they'd be in the bottom of my duffle bag which was checked in...
luckily they were...
cab ride home...
sleepy as hell...
great to be back in DC
It's a foggy, rainy and chilly day in the Capitol.
Jan 5, 2007
Oh plane ride from hell!
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
8:49 AM
