Feb 22, 2007

Ammi



"Sha Ji, haven't heard your voice in a long time *click*.


That's the sweetest voice mail in the world to me. It makes me grin and I feel butterflies in my belly and all warm and cozy. Especially when I call back and hear the excitement in Grandma's voice after she picks up the phone and I simply say, "Ammi." And she'll excitedly says "Shaaaaaaaaaa.".

That's what Ammi calls me. That's what she's called me since the day I was born. I have never heard her say my full name, even to others she'll refer to me as 'Sha.' That nickname of mine is so incredibly special to me that only Ammi has dibs on it. I called Ammi tonight and when she picked up the phone, I simply said: I am so thankful to God to have you, mom and Baba in my life every single day.

I miss Ammi. I can't wait to see her. I can't wait to watch cheesy Bollywood movies with her. I can't wait to watch cheesy shows with her. I can't wait to be in the kitchen cooking up a storm with her. I can't wait to just spend the day relaxing out with Ammi and being silly.



Powered By Blogger