Apr 12, 2007

Playing Hookie

I got a phone call from Ali around 1:00 p.m. today after he had lunch with Teresa in Dupont. I told him how I had a late start today and was cleaning and working on getting some laundry done and contemplating getting started on my second paper. He told me he didn't want to go back to the office and I suggested that we go for a walk on the National Mall. He told he he'd be at my place soon and was going to call Yang to see what he was up to today. Next thing I know, I'm in Yang's car wondering how it went from being dark Green to Oriental Blue (No phun intended but that is REALLY the name of that color) and we were heading towards Georgetown. Yang's car has always been Blue...for some reason I've alway thought it was dark green since I've only been out and about with him in his car at night.


HOOKIE!

We so blew off the whole day and what we all had to do and went to the waterfront. I was walking locked arms with Ali on one side and Yang on the other telling them that I felt like such a pimpette hangin' out with two men today. "Yea, usually that's me with you and Teresa," Ali said. It took a while for us to decide where to eat since every restaurant on the waterfront is a seafood restaurant. I told them it would be so ridiculous for me to walk into a seafood place and say 'Yea hi i have seafood allergies so I'll just eat the lettuce, Thanks." We finally walked by a place and I saw a woman eating a burger and felt hopeful about my food situation. Which was good because by this time I was famished!

We had a nice late lunch (Ali had soup) and enjoyed the 15 minute rain storm, going inside just before it hit. The server brought out a bottle of Tobasco Sauce and Ali says, "OH NO! And this time they brought out the big bottle!" He was making fun of my last burger and tobasco episode where I basically drank the sauce with my burger. After much discussion of how Ali can get away with murder since Yang is allergic to Soy Sauce and I'm allergic to Seafood...and trying to figure out WHY O WHY would there be such a thing as a "Curry Martini", we headed to the Sheesha place in Crystal City. On the way back Yang says, "Do you need to go to the grocery store?" I swear, it was as if he had read my mind. So then Daniel and I went grocery shopping. I came back and watched Scrubs with Sarah and now am going to finish the laundry I had left in the washer earlier today. Tomorrow is Yoomie's birthday party celebration! YEAAAAAA for a fun-filled weekend! Then Saturday is the Cherry Blossom Parade in Downtown! My camera will be busy this weekend! I'll get the second paper started...ummm...eventually.

I loved playing Hookie!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for my day out with my dudes!

Powered By Blogger