I wish she had just let me say what I was saying at that time instead of calling me out on my bullshit. I told her that if I said it long enough, I might just start believing it. I hate it when someone knows me so well that they know when I'm saying something because I truly believe it or am saying it to fool myself. She did that to me today on the way to Georgetown. Last week she kept calling me knowing something was wrong.
"I know you. When you are upset, you bitch about stuff. When something is *really* bothering you, you are quiet, and you've been really really quiet all week. That's why I'm calling."
--Lindsey--
She called me every single day last week to check up on me. To just talk to me. To ask me how my day was going. To talk to me about the most random stuff so I didn't feel so alone. To let me know that she was there for me. I love her, very much. I love that I don't even have to say anything about what's bothering me, she can just tell.
That's how you know you are in the company of good friends who won't walk out on you when you feel like the rest of the world abandons you. When you keep yourself cooped up in your little cave because you don't want to deal with what's going on on the outside. When you don't want to talk about what's bothering you because you know it will start this domino effect that won't stop. When you don't feel like being around people or talking to anyone, there's that one friend who is stubborn enough to not let you do that. There were two who did that and I just met one of them a month ago and already we are so close that it feels like we've known eachother forever.
"You two are so alike, its like you two are sisters from a long lost sperm."
--Fran, about me and Rubina--
I honestly love this woman. She is funny, beautiful, genuine and so incredibly sweet. I love that I felt comfortable enough to invite myself to her house and ended up staying there until 2 a.m. last Thursday night. I love that we prayed together and cried together. I love that after our crying session, we lightened the mood by discussing cheezy bollywood movies and promised to have a bollywood cheezy movie night at her house. I love that she sent Madiha an e-mail telling her that we all should break fast together when Ramadan starts.
Her: So here's the e-mail I just sent Madiha.
Me: Ok. Reading this e-mail, I take it you are asking her out.
Her: SHUT UP! THAT IS NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!
Me: Tee Hee!
I love this girl. I love Lindsey. I am freakin' crazy about them. They recently saved me. Their friendship saved me.
Sep 5, 2007
...
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
6:08 PM
