"Men are like that when it comes to women. If it doesn't work out with one then its okay because there's another bus coming in fifteen minutes."
--Him--
He might be right. But I hope that every single man doesn't think that way, though past experience has taught me otherwise. I guess I will always be the eternal optimist. The eternal romantic. That's what makes me different than him. That's what makes me cry over my broken heart and yet thankful that I at least have my principles when it comes to who I give my heart to. It's been a year and one month for me in D.C. and I have only fancied one person in that last year. I did have that one moment where I thought I was ready to hop on the next bus but thank God for knowing myself and realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do. I didn't want to date just for the sake of dating. I would much rather sit here and think fondly of one person than meet a dozen who are generically trying to impress me or I'm trying to fool myself into thinking that I am actually interested in what they have to say. Until I run into another who can sweep me off my feet like he did and make me forget his name, I'd much rather wait than go bus hopping. I recently read this quote and it made me smile because her words described my feelings to a tee.
"I don't want to date. I'm interested in a very, very deep connection."
-Nicole Kidman-
Sep 8, 2007
Bus
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
4:38 PM
