Sep 2, 2007

Panicattackistan Part II

The drive went smooth until 5 miles outside of Ocean City. We were on a one-lane highway heading towards our destination. We're coasting at about 60 mph when in front of us a woman (stupid idiot with a mullet) decided to make a left. All I saw was the white mustang turning in front us. I hear Madiha and Irene scream in the back seat and I grabbed the dashboard waiting for the hit. Brent swerved the car in a grassy ditch area to the right of the road. My car literally flew in the ditch and I was waiting for it to flip over. The car stopped and I see the woman stopping and getting out of her car. I was frozen. She walks over and says, "are you ok?' Before I realized what I was doing I screamed, "You almost hit my car! You almost killed us! How the fuck do you think we are?"

I stepped out of the car, shaking, crying. That image going in my head over and over again. I was literally hyperventilating. The image of what could've happened kept going through in my head over and over again. I felt Brent walk up and hold me. All I kept saying was, "I can't stop shaking." I had some water, sat in the backseat and was crying and shaking and holding Madiha's hand the whole way to the hotel. I called my mother and told her what happened. We both were thankful that Brent was driving and his quick thinking saved all of our lives. I truly believe there was an angel looking out for us. That was the reason I felt the way I felt on the bridge and turned the car over to Brent to drive the rest of the way.

We all truly escaped death yesterday. That feeling stayed with me all day and I was just...quiet the rest of the day.

But on a happier note, the trip is fun and we're all sitting around having coffee and bagles making fun of all the characters we saw yesterday. We're going to be on the beach all day and go out on the boardwalk tonight.

Last night at 12 o'clock, when it was my birthday (officially), I was standing with Brent, Madiha and Irence on the shore at night with the moon shining on the water recording them singing happy birthday to me...and Irene flashing me.

Powered By Blogger