I was up at 2:30 a.m. to get ready to head home. Yang is in D.C. for the week and was kind enough to take me to the airport bright and early at 5:00 a.m. My flight left at 6:30 a.m. I had given my information to Sarvat after realizing that *nobody* knew where I was going to be and maybe it was a good idea to let at least one family member know where I'm disappearing to...just in case. I have no idea why I have such lousy luck in flights from Arizona to D.C. The last 3 flights have found me stuck in the middle seat, even after I requested an isle seat, and listening to a kid screaming almost the whole flight. I finally made it to Phoenix after a connection in Cincinnati. They even had the new Harry Potter movie on the way to Phoenix. Woo Hoo. Of course I paid attention for the first 5 minutes in the movie and then fell asleep.
I got to Phoenix airport and sent a text to Sarvat to let her know I get there safe. I then text my Mom letting her know that my phone was off because the battery had died.
*cheeky*
I took a cab from the airport and was on the phone with Mom while the taxi was making its way to the office. I told her that I had just walked into the office and had to hung up. I was cursing the cab rates in Phoenix but didn't care. I walked into Baba's office and was thankful that there were no patients. The front was deserted which gave me time to walk through the back door without being noticed. Mom was sitting up front, I just walked to the front and said, 'ok what were you saying about tomorrow?'and my mom's jaw was on the floor. She was in such shock that I was standing there. After hangin' out with the office staff Mom and I drove home to surprise Grandma.
My initial plan was to go home but I didn't have the code to the gates into the neighborhood so I decided to change my plan and go to the office, knowing I will have a car from there.
I parked the car in the garage and walked to the kitchen. Grandma was in the kitchen cooking and I walked in simply stating, 'What are you cooking? I'm starving'. Of course her jaw hit the floor also and she said exactly what I predicted: SHA! She was so happy.
I went out to lunch with Mom and the office staff and on the way back was laughing at being home because Mom told me to stop at the bank and was cursing why I was driving because I couldn't focus because of my tiredness.
I parked the car in the garage and noticed that Baba was home. I walked around the house and couldn't find him. Then I heard Baba walk in the house. I simply walked up to him and just started discussing paperwork for my passport with him. He was staring at me like a deer in headlights. He asked me why Mom had said that I couldn't make it. I said because that's what I wanted her to believe and that I had already booked my flight here though I said I couldn't make it. He simply smiled and hugged me and said he was glad I was here.
Shawn is not home as of yet. He has no clue I'm here. I just spoke to him on AIM, he and Alice are in the library at ASU.
I napped in my room this evening. I was woken up by Mom telling me that dinner was almost ready. Mom and I walked to the backyard in the grassy area. I plopped down in the grass and continued napping there for another 10 minutes before going inside for dinner. It was nice to listen to the birds, have peace and quiet and just sit in my own backyard.
I haven't been home since March. I missed home. I missed just being ... home. I missed my Grandmother, Mom and Baba and Shawn. I couldn't stand spending Eid without them this year.
I still have to take care of clips every morning for the campaign. This means getting up early (5:00 a.m. in D.C) but since I'm three hours behind, I'm going to get up at 2:30 to get the clips together and have to have e-mails sent out by 4:30 a.m. Then I can sleep in again and this time not have to be anywhere.
Dear World:
Go to hell for all I care right now. I'm home with family this week.
Cheers,
Me
Oct 9, 2007
Home
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
8:54 PM
