The night was unexpected.
She was online with me and suddenly she said she wanted to meet me for coffee...in my brainless eager way I said "SURE!".
Unfortunately I couldn't tear myself away until an hour after she had arrived at Starbucks. When I walked in she looked so comfy cozy in her pink sweater and jeans, legs propped up on a small table, laptop resting on her knees. I felt an instantaneous feeling of comfort.
I ordered us coffee and since there was no seating outside, we walked to the Army/Navy Memorial. Of course she almost broke her foot and spilled hot coffee on herself in the process and while I had a good laugh, she laughed harder when I practically left my shoe in a grate. Okay, this is so typical of the two of us, it's not even funny. As she said later in the night, "seperate we're completely normal people, put us together and we're idiots." SOOOO TRUE!
Anyhow, there in the memorial bundled up in our coats sipping coffee amidst the gurgling of the water fall behind us, I fiilled her in on the happenings in the last few days. I can't seem to not do that w/her. She has to know. After which we howled about men for about a half hour and then we went back to my office so I could finish up some work.
In the meantime, in my office, she proceeded to take lots of pictures of herself on my phone. Why? Cause she does things like this and because 'you never know' when a picture of your hot friend may come in handy.
I gave her a persimmon which she looked at with her head tilted to the side, question in her eyes. "How do I eat this?"
I looked at her. "You're not seriously asking me this question right?"
She blinked again. "Seriously, do I just...bite?"
We ended up splitting it. Then we crammed ourselves into my car.
Destination: Sheesha Palace
Anticipated driving time: 5 minutes
ACTUAL driving time: 20 minutes
Hell. Just hell.
We basically went around in circles, around and around...and around. Fucking we couldn't seem to figure out what hellish exit would take us to Crystal City but we knew that it was THERE...JUST THERE. The Pentagon cop must have seen us twice at least as we zoomed around the loops mindlessly taking any exit willy nilly. Finally genius beside me said, "go towards Reagan."
Okay...again, where? Huh??? WTF!!! ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE????
Now, we're here, only 20 minutes after departing sucking down sheesha at unnatural rates. What's new? This is just another one of our many journey's through stupid land.
What the hell will I do w/o her for a whole 3 months?
--Courtesy of http://binau.blogspot.com/--
Nov 26, 2007
An adventure through stupid land, According to Rubina
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
4:52 AM
