Jan 27, 2008

Hideously Hideous Sweater

What happens when you put two women who have no inside voice and filters in the same room? Let me give you lovely chickadees a taste of what its like when Kita and I are around each other.

We arrived at Zaytinya to meet Stefan, Kerry and Romy last night around 8 p.m. We proceeded to the bar area, which had people packed in there like sardines and loud music playing where Kita and I had to scream at each other to have a conversation. We were standing around the first table on the left keeping an eye on the door for Stefan. A blond sits down at the table, obviously waiting for someone. She was sitting right next to where we were standing.

About 10 minutes later a man walks in the door. This man had on an over-sized sweater with white triangles that went around the stomach area. Huge triangles. Kita and I saw him walk in and I screamed, "OH MY GAWD. THAT IS AN UGLY SWEATER'. Kita says, "YEA THAT THING IS HIDEOUS."

All of a sudden we notice that the man waves towards where we were standing. SHIT! He was there meeting the blond sitting at the table.

I turn towards Kita and all I hear her say is, 'And its now time to move to the other side." She starts walking away. I muttered a 'shit' under my breath and continued to follow her, ducking like I was a bandit on the run. We got to the other side, LAUGHING our asses off wondering if that blond heard us.

Classic classic classic moment!

Of course we pointed the hideous sweater guy out to the rest of the crew when the arrived. They concurred...it was, in fact, a hideously hideous (did I mention that it was hideous?) sweater.

Ah yes, Kita said she'll be back Feb. 8 weekend (if I decide not to go to NYC) and she and I are going sweater shopping.

*Grins*

Powered By Blogger