Apr 3, 2007

Love is a Temporary State of Insanity

I was sitting outside at Starbucks today enjoying this gorgeous weather D.C. has blessed us with when I noticed the cutest little dog hangin' out with some kids a couple of tables diagonal to the right from me. I assumed the dog was a boy. He was the cutest little thing, obviously still a little pup. Curiously barking at a bird the hopped by and playing with the kids' bags next to him. I was smiling at him wishing that I could walk over and say "Hi" to this furry ball of cuteness that had taken my attention away from my reading. Then my view of him went from butterflies in my belly to annoyance.

Lady # 1 sat down at the table, diagonal to the left, with her cute little puppy who looked like a girl to me. . The puppy to my right started barking like crazy and wanting to go play with the puppy on the left. I smiled and turned to the person next to me and said, "He definitely must be a guy." We both laughed at the events unfolding of how the puppy on the right wanted to play with the puppy on the left who was sitting on the ground calmly with her owner.

Then it all changed.

The puppy on the right kept barking at the puppy on the left wanting to go over and play with her but his leash would only allow him to go halfway. Then Lady # 2 walks by with a tiny white poodle on a leash. And the puppy on the right stopped barking and instead goes up and starts getting curious with her and sniffing her and forgot all about the puppy on the left.

That whole scenario was too familiar to me. Puppy on right can't get to puppy that far away on the left so he instead decides to walk up to the one that is accessible to his leash.

My lesson of the day: Men are only as loyal as their options.

Powered By Blogger