Dear Mom:
If I am writing you this letter, that means its time. Time for me to go home after what has been an absolutely AMAZING experience. But I could not leave without telling a certain someone how much she means to me. In ease you were wondering, that's you!!!
Truly, what in the world would I have done without you this summer? The real answer is I would have survived. But what is survival if you have no one to share it with ? And I am so blessed to have been able to share this summer with you. Sasha, you are the definition of a true friend. I knew the minute that I stepped off the metro on that first day at Union Station and saw you standing there. I knew it was going to be a great summer. But I also knew that saying goodbye to it and you was going to be so damn hard...I was right.
The positive side to all of it is that we have so many good memories together that we would never have had otherwise. Lets take a trip down memory lane. How about Jumbo Slice pizza at 3am? Or maybe eating Duangrats together at LEAST once a week becuase yes, the flavorful food is addictive. Next we have taking LOTS of pictures with Heidi in front of monuments and going to the bars with her and Linds, where we could always count on the godfather to keep the guys away. Speaking of guys, how about that night at Gazuza..."I can make you fall in love with me in five minutes, I swear." oh haha and how could I forget, that was also the night we met Mr. "No Dice Tonight". Wow! Gazuza was full of creepers that trip. And WHO could forget our date to Harry Potter (we have pictures to prove it). More recently there is also the picnic in front of George's House and one last meal at Duangrats...my my, we have had quiet the summer together.
As I leave you to go back to good ol' Michigan, I want to make sure you remember a few things we discussed this summer. First of all, you are an amazing woman. Your strength leaves me speechless sometimes; I don't know how you get through it. But the important thing is that you do, and that you will always have me around when you feel like you can't. I am in constant awe of your beauty and grace, but what amazes me most about you is your heart. No matter how many times it is bruised, battered and broken, it is still bursting with love. And that, my darling, is the meaning of a good friend, a good mentor and a beautiful soul. I am going to miss you so much...I cannot begin to tell you how much my heart hurts at the thought of leaving you. But what makes it feel better is that I will see you again.
I love you Mom, from the very bottom of my heart. Please don't ever forget that...Thank you for everything.
Love Always,
Your Baby
Aug 3, 2007
I Miss You Mairin
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
11:07 PM
