Mom: Your grandmother and I will be in Pakistan from November until January.
Me: I'm trying to figure out when to take a trip to Phoenix soon so I can see you.
Mom: Shawn will be in Pakistan with us in December.
Me: Nice.
Mom: Zeshan and Sarvat are also coming for 2 weeks in December.
Me: Ohhh...
Mom: So is Baba.
Me: *stops walking* WAIT! Are you telling me that I am the *only* one who will be on this continent on Eid?
Mom: Yes. We all are celebrating Eid in Pakistan this year.
Me: Well that SUCKS! I want to go too.
*LATER IN THE EVENING MY PHONE RINGS*
Me: *chatting away with Baba about stuff*
Baba: Hmmm.
Me: I'm taking the FS exam tomorrow.
Baba: Hmmm.
Me: I heard you all are going to Pakistan.
Baba: Yes.
Me: I want to go.
Baba: Too bad you said you couldn't go.
Me: But I want to go now. I'll be the only one here while you all are all there! Pleeeeease!
Baba: *silent*
Me: *silent*
Baba: Your flight is booked from December 18th till January 4th.
Me: NOOOOO WAYYYYYY *jumps around*
Baba: We're going in India to Rampur, then the Taj Mahal and then Karachi and then London on the way back.
Me: *jaw drops to floor*
Baba: Take your passport to the Pakistani and Indian Embassies and get your visa.
Me: *nods*
Me: I mean...Okay!
Baba: I'll mail you Shawn's passport also.
Me: okay.
Baba: okay. Bye.
Me: THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!
Baba: Hmmm.
Sep 10, 2007
I Love the Parentals
Composed by
Nefertiti
at
11:16 PM
