Nov 27, 2007

Thank You

For being my friend. Not my friend, but my sister.
For all the times you have sat with me and listened to me.
For all the times you have never criticized me one bit for anything.
For all the times you have simply said to me, "I understand."
For all the times you call me Janna.
For all the time you take out of your day to meet me for a cup of coffee.
For all the times you have not gone home after work and stayed out with me because I needed to talk to you.
For all the times you have read what I wrote and really understood why I wrote it.
For all the times you have told me that I wasn't insane for what I was thinking at any given time.
For all the times you have shed a tear with me when I've cried.
For all the times we have laughed until out bellies ached and we couldn't breathe.
For all the times your funny spontaneous comments have made me almost fall out of my chair.
For all the times having you around has never made me feel, even for a single second, that I am alone in this crazy city.
For all the times you have spent on the phone with me while I cried my heart out.
For all the times you have just simply been there when I needed you, not matter how sick you felt.
For all the times you have called me to say 'Hello', even if you were in other friends' company.
For all the times you have written beautiful words to describe me.
For all the times you understood my vulnerabilities.
For all the times you have sat there and genuinely thanked God that I am in your life.
For all the times that you never told me to stop talking when I discussed issues for long hours with you.
For all the times you have laughed at me when I suffered from short attention span. (FOCUS!)
For all the times you have made me feel like you really got my back.
For all the times you made me feel like I am truly loved.
For all the times that I feel that I can tell you anything and you won't judge me.
For all the times you tell me I'm not wrong for feeling a certain way.
For all the times you say, "My heart just broke for you," and in your eyes I can tell you mean it.
For all the times you let me say, 'I'm coming over,' without any hesitation.
For all the times I can just easily say, 'I'm staying here tonight', knowing you won't mind.
For all the times you make me feel like I have a home here.
For all the times you've put more food on my plate. (HERE! HAVE MORE!)
For all the times you laugh when I harass Gijaji. (Your poor husband. Awww)
For all the times you turn into the wiser older sister and remind me that my day will come.
For all the times you start your sentences with, "Oh my Gawd... let me tell ya," when you're about to tell me something really exciting.
For all the times you make your funny South Park faces, which I laugh at like I'm seeing it for the first time.
For all the times you let me be the silly pubescent girl when I check out guys and just roll your eyes and simply say, 'Oh Lord!"
For all the times that we are so loud and silly when we're walking down the street together that others are laughing at us, and with us and envying our friendship and happiness at that moment.
For all the times your eyes get really big when we check out guys and you simply say, "how YOU doin?!"
For all the deep thoughts and your wise words
For all your knowledge on Islam and Allah and stories which help me and heal me.
For all the times you share your family's stories with me, making me feel like I'm a part of the family.
For every time you say, 'My Mom was asking about you."
For all the time you've welcomed me in your home with your family.
For all the time you told me your cousins were jealous of me because we're such close friends.
For all the times you say, 'I can't believe you will not be here for my birthday or New Years'.
For all the times we've spent together talking non-stop at Sheesha Palace.
For all the times where we never run out of things to say.
For all the times you have shared your friends' stories with me, making me feel like I already know them.
For all the times you make me feel like I'm a part of...you.

For all of that, and more, and for just being you...Thank you.


Powered By Blogger